Bharat Ratna is the biggest and highest civilian award of India. These services include trade, literature, knowledge, public service and sports. This honor was conferred by the President of India Shri Rajendra Prasad on 2 January 1954. There was no provision for posthumous award of Bharat Ratna in India but later in 1966 this provision was added. About 15 persons were awarded Bharat Ratna posthumously. Bharat Ratna can be given to three persons in a year. Shri Sachin Tendulkar ji is the only sportsperson to get Bharat Ratna and he is also the youngest person to get Bharat Ratna, followed by Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji, this is really emotionally devoted to India. Gave to political life. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1992. But the postmortem nature of the award was questioned due to the controversy over his death. Thus the Government of India withdrew this honour.
Who was the first person awarded Bharat Ratna ?
Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the first winner to accept the Bharat Ratna award, was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1954.
Who was the first person to be awarded Bharat Ratna posthumously ?
Former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri was first awarded the Bharat Ratna posthumously in 1966.
Names of Indian people who got Bharat Ratna ?
1. Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (second President of the country) in 1954, born 5 September 1888, failed on 17 April 1975
2. Chakravarti Rajagopalachari was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1954. Born 10 December 1878, Died 25 December 1972
3. Dr. Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman (Nobel laureate, physicist) in 1954, born 7 November 1888, died 21 November 1970
4. In 1955, Dr. Bhagwan Das (freedom fighter, pen) was born on 12 January 1869, died on 18 September 1958.
5. Sir Dr. Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya (civil mastermind, Diwan of Mysore) in 1955, born 15 September 1861, died 14 April 1962
6. In 1955 Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru (First Prime Minister, Writer, Freedom Fighter) was born on 14 November 1889, died on 27 May 1964.
7. Govind Vallabh Pant (Freedom fighter, first Chief Minister of UP, second Home Minister of the country) in 1957, born 10 September 1857, unsuccessful 7 March 1961
8. Dr. Dhondo Keshav Karve (school teacher and social leftist) in 1957, born 18 April 1887, failed 9 November 1962)
9. 1958Dr. Bidhan Chandra Rai (Physician and Chief Minister of West Bengal) 1 July 1882, Failed 1 July 1962
10. 1961 Purushottam Das Tandon (Freedom Fighter and School Teacher) Born 1 August 1882 Died 1 July 1962
11.Dr. Rajendra Prasad (First President, Freedom Fighter, Magistrate) 1961 Born 3 December 1884, unsuccessful on 28 February 1963
12.Dr. Zakir Hussain (third President of the country) in 1963, born 8 February 1897, unsuccessful on 3 May 1969
13. 1963Dr. Pandurang Vaman Kane (Indian scientist and Sanskrit scholar) born 1880, died 1972
14. Lal Bahadur Shastri (third prime minister of the country, freedom fighter) was born on 2 October 1904 posthumously in 1966, he failed on 11 January 1966.
15. 1971 Indira Gandhi (4th Prime Minister of the country) was born on 19 November 1917, she failed on 31 October 1984.
16. Varahgiri Venkata Giri (4th President of the country, trade unionist) in 1975, born 10 August 1894, failed on 23 June 1980
17. In 1976, K Kamaraj (freedom fighter, Chief Minister of Madras), posthumously, born 15 July 1903, unsuccessful 1975
18. Mother Teresa (Nobel laureate, folk nun, missionary writer) 1980 Born 26 August 1910 Died 5 September 1997
19. Acharya Vinoba Bhave (Freedom Fighter, Social Leftist) Born 11 September 1895, Died 15 November 1962, Posthumously in 1983
20. Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan (freedom fighter, first non-Indian) in 1987, born 20 January 1890, failed in 1988
21. Marudur Gopal Ramachandam (Actor, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu) in 1988, posthumous to MGR, born 17 January 1917, failed 24 December 1987
22. 1990Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (mastermind of the Indian Constitution, politician, economist) posthumously, born 14 April 1891, failed 6 December 1987
23. Nelson Mandela (Nobel laureate, leader of the anti-apartheid movement in 1990), born 18 July 1918, died 5 December 2013
24. Rajiv Gandhi (7th Prime Minister of the country) posthumously in 1991 Born 20 August 1944, failed 21 May 1991
25. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (First Home Minister of India, Freedom Fighter) 1991, Postmortem, Born 31 October 1875, Died 15 December 1950
26. In 1991, Morarji Bhai Desai (fifth prime minister of the country, freedom fighter) was born on 29 February 1896, failed on 10 April 1995.
27. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (country’s first education minister, freedom fighter) posthumously in 1992, born 11 November 1888, failed 22 February 1958
28. Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhai Tata (JRD Tata) posthumously in 1992 (notorious industrialist of the country), born 29 July 1904, failed on 29 November 1993
29. Satyajit Ray (film patron, director) was born in 1992, 2 May 1921 – 23 April 1992.
30. APJ Abdul Kalam (11th President of the country, Scientist) was born on 15 October 1931 in 1997.
31. Gulzarilal Nanda (dual caretaker Prime Minister, freedom fighter) in 1997, born 4 July 1897, failed 15 January 1998
32. Aruna Asif Ali (freedom fighter), posthumously in 1997, born 16 July 1909, failed 29 July 1996
33. MS Subbalakshmi (Classical Music Singer) was born on 16 September 1916 in 1998 and died on 11 December 2004.
34. 1998c. Subramaniam (freedom fighter, agriculture minister), born 30 January 1910, failed 7 November 2000
35. Jayaprakash Narayan (freedom fighter, politician) in 1998, posthumously, born 11 October 1902, unsuccessful 8 October 1979
36. Pandit Ravi Shankar (Sitar player) Born 1999 7 April 1920 Died 11 December 2012 Failed
37. Amartya Sen( Nobel Laureate, Economist) in 1999, born 3 November 1933
38. Gopinath Bordoloi( Freedom Fighter, Chief Minister of Assam) in 1999, born posthumously in 1890, failed in 1950
39. Lata Mangeshkar( playback songster) in 2001, born 28 September 1929
40. Ustad Bismillah Khan( Shehnai player) was born in 2001, 21 March 1916, failed 21 August 2006.
41. Pandit 41Bhimsen Joshi( Classical singer) Born on 4 February 1922 in 2008, failed on 24 January 2011
42. Sachin Tendulkar( Indian Cricketer) in 2014, born 24 April 1973
43. CNR Rao( Eminent Scientist and Expert in Chemistry) in 2014, born 30 June 1934.
44. Mahatma Gandhi( Famous Mahe) in 2014, born 25 December 1924
45 Pt. Madanmohan Malaviya( Educationist, Social Reformer), born in 2014, 25th 1861
46. Pranab Mukherjee in 2019 Former President and
47. Nanaji Deshmukh Indian Social Activist and Mass Federalism( 2019)
48. Bhu Hazarika Songs( 2019)
Also Read –
- Who is Suryakumar Yadav, Biography of suryakumar yadav
- Who was the first person to get Aadhar card in India
- Who is Priya Gamre Biography of priya gamre
Bharat ratna design variations ?
Changes have also been made in the design of Bharat Ratna over time. Originally it used to be a Gold Order by scoring 35mm. On which there was a picture of the sun on the front, Bharat Ratna was written on the top and a flower bran was made on the bottom. Satyamev Jayate was written on the reverse side of the order.
Bharat Ratna is made in Alipore, West Bengal. It is in the shape of a Peepal Patti, it is made of bobby and has a picture of Surya made of platinum. Bharat Ratna is written in the vessel below it, it is worn around the neck with a white thread.
Who was the first musician to get Bharat Ratna ?
Subbulakshmi was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1998. He was born in 1916 in the megacity Madurai. He had a widely recognized career both nationally and internationally.
3 thoughts on “What is Bharat Ratna? Why is Bharat Ratna given”
Mendаlaminya profesi Precast Anda akan menjɑdi tidak
sukar oleh membuat padа memutuskаn Harga Beton Ready Мix.
Selain ⅾari itu, kami hendak mengһadiahkan preferensi produk yang tidak bejat dengan susunan pokok penjualan yang terjangkau.
Also visit my homepage – Harga Jayamix
Actually when someone ԁoesn’t be aware of after that its
ᥙp to otһer visitors that they ԝill assist, so here it takеs place.
Feel free to visit my web sіte: Harga U Ditch
Havе you eveг thouցht about publishing an ebook ߋr guest
authoring on other sites? I have a blog based on the same subjeсts you Ԁiѕⅽusѕ and
would loѵe to have you share some stories/informatіon. I
know my auⅾience would enjoy your ѡoｒk. If yоu’re even remotely
interested, feel free to send me an e mail.
Tаke a look at my web pɑge :: Harga Pagar Panel Beton
Comments are closed.