Do you know what is Google AMP or what is Accelerated Mobile Page and what are its advantages and disadvantages. If you are using the Internet in the phone, then you must have seen that in many websites, the symbol of AMP comes at the bottom, in which there is an arrow symbol.
Have you thought about it and what is it and how does it benefit a site? As we all know that ever since Smartphones have entered the market, their usage has increased a lot as compared to computer systems.
A report has shown that about 75% of the people in the world have mobile phones and 57% of them access the internet from their phones. And to improve this user experience, Google started AMP so that people can open any website in their mobile very quickly and easily. And people also liked it because it is more mobile friendly and also has many benefits. So today in this article we will know completely what is Google AMP and what are its advantages and disadvantages. So what’s the delay, let’s get started.
What is AMP ( Accelerated Mobile Page in English)
AMP or its full form is Accelerated Mobile Pages. It is an open-source framework, with the help of which it helps to convert any page into a mobile friendly page so that it can deliver any content very easily.
Basically it works like an application, with the help of which all web pages become mobile friendly. This application is designed in such a way that it is quick to open web pages. AMP consists of HTML, JS and Cache libraries, which helps to make any website more user specific and speed up its load times despite having rich content like PDF, video or audio for mobile devices. Accelerated Mobile Pages or AMP is the bare-bones version of the mobile page of any website. This application only displays the things that are most important in the pages of a website and it ignores other things that take time for the website to load.
In such a situation, the pages of mobile automatically open very fast. Due to which users also get more time to read the content of the website.
By now you must have got some idea about Google AMP, how important it is for us, so now let’s look at its advantages and disadvantages and know what are the positive and negative effects of using them in a website. There are. Huh.
What are the benefits of AMP ?
1. Speeds up website loading times – If you are a mobile user then you must have noticed that the loading time of websites has increased significantly due to the implementation of AMP. It does not load unnecessary extensions so that sites open faster.
2. Increases the performance of a website’s server – Because the sites open faster, due to which a lot of traffic comes to the website and due to which there is not much load on the server and the performance of the server increases.
3. Helps to increase mobile ranking- It increases the mobile ranking not directly but indirectly as the sites open faster, which improves the response time of the website and also increases the traffic and ultimately it increases the mobile ranking.
4. Helps mobile users surf – As we know that if mobile is loading slow then how difficult it is to surf in it. But with the help of AMP, the loading time is reduced to a great extent, which helps mobile users in surfing.
5. It’s a boon for informational websites – This is a boon for information websites as these websites do not contain more videos or images and contain more text and if these unnecessary extensions are removed the website automatically becomes faster.
What are the disadvantages of using AMP in website
1. With the help of cache, the performance of the website increases – Yes, with the help of cache, the performance of the website increases, but it has a negative effect on that website because a lot of cache memory is used to store the site.
2. AMP puts poor flow to website Analytics – Yes AMP supports Google Analytics but it requires to use many different tags in those AMP pages and it is not that easy to implement. And it reduces the usage of analytics in the website to some extent. Which puts bad flow on the website.
3. reduces advertising revenue – As we know that the use of AMP reduces the amount of advertising in the website to a great extent, which causes a lot of loss in its advertising earnings and bloggers have to lose some part of their earnings.
4. It is not good for e commerce website – E-commerce websites have the most advertisements and have more images and least text to show the product. All these things will end with the use of AMP, which will affect their earnings.
5. does not depend on the ranking factor – Google has clearly stated that AMP has no role for website ranking. So bloggers who might be thinking that applying AMP will increase the rank of their blog, then it is completely wrong.