To use Kotak Debit Card we need a PIN, without PIN you cannot use the debit card, so we have to generate a new PIN. If you have also got a new debit card from Kotak Mahindra Bank and you are wondering how to generate a new PIN then no problem, now you can easily generate your Kotak Debit Card PIN through various methods. Here you can learn how to generate Kotak Debit Card PIN in two ways – offline or online.
How to Generate Kotak Debit Card PIN Offline?
Kotak Debit Card PIN can be generated offline also. You can generate new Debit Card PIN with the help of ATM Machine, SMS and Customer Care. Going to tell some easy process, by following which you can make debit card PIN.
Generate Kotak Debit Card PIN through ATM Machine
It is very easy to generate Kotak Debit Card PIN from ATM machine, for this you have to follow some simple process :-
- First of all go to your nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM.
- Now insert your Kotak Debit Card in the ATM machine and select the option “PIN generation”.
- Now enter your Kotak Bank account number and confirm.
- Now the bank will send an OTP or green PIN to the phone number registered with your account number.
- After successfully receiving the OTP, you again insert your debit card in the ATM machine and select “Change PIN” option in “Banking” option.
- Now enter the OTP or Green PIN received to set the PIN.
- Now you can activate your Kotak Debit Card by entering the new PIN. and can transact money.
How to Generate Kotak Debit Card PIN through Customer Care
Now you can also generate your debit card PIN through another method i.e. with the help of Kotak Bank customer care, for this you have to follow some process:-
- Bank account holders should call Kotak Bank customer care number “1860-266-2666” from their account registered phone number.
- After receiving the call, you can select the option of “ATM & Prepaid Card Services”
- Now select “Generate Green PIN” option for Debit Card PIN, after this enter your Debit Card Number.
- After completion of the process, you will receive an OTP on your bank account registered phone number.
- Visit your nearest Kotak Mahindra ATM and activate your debit card using OTP within two days.
Generate Kotak Debit Card PIN through SMS
Kotak Debit Card PIN can also be generated offline with the help of SMS, to generate a new PIN you need to follow some of the steps mentioned below :-
- To generate PIN, send a message to Kotak Bank official number “9971056767 or 5676788” from your account registered phone number.
- In the message, type ”DEBITPIN (space) in capital letters and the last four digits of your Kotak Debit Card’s assigned 14-digit number”.
- As given in the example ”DEBITPIN 6575”
- However, please note that you will be able to generate Kotak Debit Card PIN only when your card is active.
- If your card is blocked, you will have to unblock it first, only then you will be able to create a new PIN.
How to Generate Kotak Debit Card PIN Online ?
If you are having trouble setting Kotak Mahindra Bank Debit Card PIN offline, or you do not want to go to the ATM, then you can generate a new Kotak Debit Card PIN right from your home. In which you can take help of mobile banking, Kotak Net banking services. So let’s know the process.
Generate Kotak Debit Card PIN through Mobile Banking
If users have installed Kotak Mahindra Bank’s 811 app in their smart phones, then you can generate a new PIN of Kotak Bank’s debit card with the help of mobile banking, you will have to follow some simple processes :-
- You register in 811 of Kotak Bank and create MPIN for login
- Now go to the “Service Request” section of the app and select the “Debit Card” option.
- Select “Re-generate PIN” option to generate PIN.
- Now enter your MPIN to proceed.
- Now you can generate a new and unique PIN for Kotak Debit Card and activate your card.
Generate Kotak Debit Card PIN through Net Banking
If the account holders use net banking of Kotak Bank, and have user ID and password, they can create debit card PIN with the help of net banking. let’s know the process.
- Users should first visit the official website of Kotak Bank (https://netbanking.kotak.com/)
- Now login by entering your Kotak Bank user ID and password.
- You select “Debit Card” option section
- Click on ‘Insta Re-generation of PIN’ to generate the PIN.
- After the process proceeds, select the debit card from the drop-down menu shown.
- Now set your new PIN, type the PIN again and submit.
- Your PIN has been successfully set, now you can start money transactions.
Must read :-
- How old do You have to be to have a Debit Card : Click Here
- What Do Capital Goods Jobs Pay : Click Here
How to Generate Kotak Debit Card PIN through Website ?
If you do not want to use these methods – Net Banking, Mobile Banking, then you can generate your Kotak Debit Card PIN online from the official website of Kotak Bank, although this process is quite easy in all respects. So let’s know the process :-
- First of all visit the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank (https://www.kotak.com/).
- Now go to the “Debit and Credit Card” option in the “Service Request” section.
- To generate PIN for Kotak Debit Card, go to “Generate PIN for all Kotak cards” option and select the card type (Visa, Master etc.).
- Now confirm your debit card details by entering personal details like debit card number, expiry date, CVV pin etc.
- After the process is complete, your Kotak Debit Card PIN will be successfully generated.